Friday, 1 January 2016

My First Blogaversary and Blogging Announcement

Technically , I started my blog in October 2014 but I made one post and let it go until January 4th when I made a post about my favourite books. The January 4th post has since been deleted ( I don't remember why...) but I still remember the day which makes today the anniversary of when I decided to take book blogging seriously. 



I'm going to start off my answering some questions from a book tag post , solely for the purpose of nostalgia but after that I have an exciting announcement to make so stay tuned! This one is from Loving Books  , let's get started! 


What is your favourite book?

As of right now , it is Queen Of Shadows by Sarah J Maas.

Who is your favourite author?

I have lots but I'll just say Colleen Hoover.

What is your favourite genre?

Contemporary , Fantasy and Historical Fiction.

What is your favourite book series?

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare AND Throne Of Glass by Sarah J Maas

What book did you hate reading in school?

I remember we read this book about an insect detective and I really didn't like that.

What is the first book you remember reading as a child?

My mam used to get fairy tale books from M&S , they were most likely the first!

Bookstores or Libraries?

Bookstores. (I love libraries though , don't get me wrong.)

How many books do you own?

I own 200ish physical books and 61 books on my Kindle.

Do you read before bed?

I try to most of the time , yes.

What is your most comfortable reading position?

Lying in my bed , in my PJs preferably.

What is the most recent book you read? 

At the time I write this , I'm reading Daughter Of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor so most likely that.

What book quote will stick with you forever? Why is it significant?

There are spoilers for The Infernal Devices in this quote so I've blocked some names but the point is still there and if you've read the series you'll understand.

“Not forever, Tessa thought. They had a long, long time. A lifetime. His lifetime. And she would lose him one day, as she had lost XXXX , and her heart would break, as it had broken before. And she would put herself back together and go on, because the memory of having had XXXX would be better than never having had him at all.”  -Tessa Gray , After The Bridge by Cassandra Clare 
The main reason that this quote stuck with me was that not loving someone or being friends with someone in case I lost them for whatever reason is something that I could see myself doing. One of the things Tessa taught me was that having the memories and the pain is better than regretting it. I think it's a really powerful message and a really moving series.



Announcement time..

I was brain storming ideas for something new I could add to my blog to mark my first blogaversary and I realised that there has been something I've wanted to do for a long time. I had tried it before but this time I put in the research and set up my own Mailing List! 
You may have noticed the PowR mailing list button on the right sidebar of my blog , that is how you can sign up! Just type your email in and you will get a newsletter post every two weeks that will include the following...

>Freebies (Blogging tip and tricks posts that are exclusive to the mailing list.)
>Bookish news updates 
>Wrap up of my posts and blog updates
+Much more!

Thank you all for welcoming me into this amazing community! I'm so grateful to everyone who reads my posts (It still surprises me that I get views!) , comments or tweets me and everyone who has helped me along the away! I would also like to mention the #UKYA chat because it's one of my favourite parts of the book blogging world! 










4 comments:

  1. Happy Blogoversary! Queen of Shadows is a current favorite of mine as well, along with Six of Crows :) The Infernal Devices series is great as well, Clockwork Princess had me so emotional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I haven't read Six Of Crows but it's high up in my TBR. Just thinking about CP2 makes me emotion! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogaversary!! :D
    Throne of Glass is my favourite series too (apart from Harry Potter which is my all time favourite haha).
    Great idea for a newsletter too! :)
    ­­ -- Nicola Reads YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always seem to forget to mention Harry Potter as it's on a completely different scale!

      Delete