Sunday, 10 January 2016

My Favourite Fictional Relationships

For me , the relationships between characters in a book or a series make or break the story. I decided to pick some of my favourite types of relationships and pick my favourite for each. Obviously these aren't all of the relationships but they're just a few I could think of!




Friendship

This one obviously had to be Will Herondale and Jem Carstairs from The Infernal Devices my Cassandra Clare. I am yet to find a bromance as real as theirs. Their circumstances are far from perfect but their story arcs are so beautiful. The thought of them still makes me want to cry! Honourable mention : Chaol Westfall and Dorian Havilliard from The Throne Of Glass Series by Sarah J Maas.


Romantic Relationship

I never thought I'd see the day when I wasn't on Team Chaol but I am now officially on Team Rowan. Celaena and Rowan from the Throne Of Glass Series by Sarah J Maas have a really interesting relationship and I can't wait to see how it progresses! They're both damaged and flawed but they bring out the best in each other!   

 Familial Relationship                                                                                                                      One of my favourite things about To All The Boys I Loved Before by Jenny Han was the relationship between Lara Jean , her sister Kitty and their Dad! It's not often in YA books that a parent will have a big part in their child stories but this book was as much about family as it was romantic relationships.
                                       
                                 Hero/Villain Relationship                                               
Vicious by V.E Schwab probably has the most interesting hero/villain relationship. The thing is , we don't know if it's Eli or Victor who is the hero... 



Boy/Girl Friendship                                                                                                               I know that I've already done a friendship one but I think that there needs to be more friendships between the opposite genders that aren't romantic! For this one I chose Harry Potter and Hermione Granger because I think that's a classic example of why these relationships can be so great! Honourable mention: Clary Fray and Simon Lewis from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.


What are your favourite types of fictional relationships? Which characters have your favourite relationship? Leave me a comment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment