Tuesday, 22 December 2015

My 2016 Reading Challenge

Last year , I set a reading challenge of 60 books for myself on goodreads and ended up reading 65. I was thrilled with that number and really proud of myself for reaching that goal but this year I'd like to switch things up a little bit. All though 65 is a big number for me , most of the books I read in 2015 were in the first 9 months of the year as I was in a reading and blogging slump for a month or so. My one reading regret of 2015 is not expanding my range of what I read so this year I'm going to set goals of genres rather than a number. Below are the genres or type of book that I want to read in 2016. 


1) A classic novel.

2) A book based around a medical condition. 
*I actually read 2 or 3 books like this this year but I want to read more!*

3) A book by an Irish author.

4) Reread a favourite.

5) An adult novel.

6) A nonfiction novel.

7) A book that you said you'd never read.

8) A book set over 100 years ago.



Feel free to take this list or add your own! I'd really love if you could comment recommendations for some of the topics. Are you setting yourselves any goals or are you just going to run with it? 

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I'm setting myself a lower goal this year too so that I can just read at whatever pace I feel like and not worry about numbers.

    Do you have any classics in mind? I haven't been a big fan of them but my favourites are Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! It's easy to get caught up in it when there's pressure to put up original posts but reading should never only be about the numbers! I'll definitely look into those two as I have no idea where to begin when it comes to classics , thank you! X

    ReplyDelete