Tuesday, 17 November 2015

Difficulties I Had To Overcome As A Book Blogger

Book blogging is a really amazing hobby! The community is lovely and you get to talk about books , I mean , what else could you want? I absolutely love it but over my not-so-short-anymore time here , I have overcome a few problems or difficulties. I don't want this post to be negative , I'm just curious to see if anyone else has had the same problems or whatever. 


Creativity 
Some days I have lots of post ideas and other days I have none at all! It can be really frustrating when everyone else has these cool original features and your posts are repetitive , or at least to you they seem so! Now I just post whatever want to because despite the fact that everyone else might've already done the same style of post , the words and opinions are your own and what else is there really? 

Motivation
Sometimes it's been hard for me not to focus on things like the amount of views and comments and yeah , it can be disheartening when a post you worked really hard doesn't do as well as you had hoped but at the end of the day the numbers aren't what matters. You just need to push through it and not let it get you down!

Other bloggers
I cannot tell you how many times I've stressed out over tweeting another blogger in case they'd think I was just a stupid new person who knew nothing about anything but now I know that that couldn't be further from the truth! Everyone is so welcoming and kind. It's not like there's some sort of level , you just do your blog the way you want to and you're equal to everyone else!

HTML what?
I still have no clue when it comes to codes but I spent a lot of time reading tutorials and applying them to my blog! I have had so many different layouts but I had a lot of fun designing my blog with my own abilities so yeah , you figure it out!

ARCs , guest posts and scary emails!
I'm still pretty terrified when it comes to emailing publishers , authors and other bloggers about guest posts , ARCs , interviews and stuff like that but I have gotten better at it! Getting to talk to the professionals in the book community as well as other bloggers is definitely worth it though!



It's all part of a learning progress and that's what keeps it interesting! The day when I have done everything I want to do with my blogs will be the day when it's no longer fun!

2 comments:

  1. There are some scary elements, but I always think that if you approach something sincerely, good things will happen. You are going great!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete