Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Queen Of Shadows by Sarah J Maas | Review

 
Genre: Fantasy , Young Adult
Publication Date: September 1st
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Rating: 5/5
 
Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she's at last returned to the empire—for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past . . .

She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die just to see her again. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen's triumphant return.

Celaena’s epic journey has captured the hearts and imaginations of millions across the globe. This fourth volume will hold readers rapt as Celaena’s story builds to a passionate, agonizing crescendo that might just shatter her world.
 
I think the best place to start is that this was one of the best books I have ever read. I have a list of my absolute favourite books and this is right at the top of it. I love all books in the Throne Of Glass series but this was on a completely different level for me. We were introduced to lots of new characters as well as caught up with the old ones and I loved every second of it. Unlike in the other books I was 100% invested in all plot lines and I loved how everything linked up.
 
Celaena doesn't go through as much character development as she did in other books but she remained beautifully flawed and realistic throughout. I feel like she crossed a lot of bridges in this book that will allow her to live her life to the fullest! Dorian broke my heart , but that's all I'm going to say about that. Chaol on the other hand annoyed the living daylights out of me but he definitely learned a lot of important lessons and still remains one of my favourites. I can't go into every individual characters but there was definitely and avengers feel to this book with all of the incredible new and old characters. Ms Maas' characters are always so developed and flawed , it's one of my favourite things about her writing.
 
I'm keeping this review spoiler free which means that I can't really state who my ship is but for me , while rereading the series I could not decide between Rowan , Chaol and Dorian. Well , let me tell you! I have decided and I can't understand how I wasn't 100% up for this ship since it's creation.
 
If I could read one book that was as good as Queen Of Shadows per year, I would be 100 times happier. This book was heart breaking , intense and all kinds of wonderful. Whenever I think I know where this series is going , it just turns everything upside down. When I finished , I felt satisfied and so happy that I discovered the series.

3 comments:

  1. I just started this and I'm so glad to hear that you loved it!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I love QoS and the whole series sooo much. :-)
    And you're right, Chaol was seriously PMSing in this one...

    ReplyDelete