Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Characters That I Just Didn't Click With | Top Ten Tuesday





Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and you can find the topics here . This weeks topic is Characters That I Just Didn't Click With. This topic is an interesting one because sometimes you have nothing in common with a main character and that doesn't mean that they were a bad character , just not a great one for you. I can't think of that many but here are the ones that jumped out!

Twylla from The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
I have extremely mixed feelings about this book I know that I did not relate to Twylla. I found her really annoying to read about and I didn't enjoy the book as much as I could have if she had've been a bit more relatable to me.
 
 
 
Juliette from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Juliette is such a strange character. She's incredibly frustrating but that didn't annoy me *too much*. I just didn't connect with her emotionally!
 
 
 
Tana from The Coldest Girl In Coldtown by Holly Black
I actually DNF'd this because I didn't click with the world or any of the characters , I was quite disappointed.
 
 
 
Isla from Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Isla had all of the characteristics that I should have related to but for some reason , I just didn't!
 
 
Cadence from We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
This book is crazy and I didn't really expect to relate the Cadence but reading from her POV was very , very strange. You couldn't trust anything that she said , thought or saw and  in this case that added to the book!
 
 
What characters did you struggle to connect with? Link your posts below so I can read your lists!
 


4 comments:

  1. I've seen Juliette on quite a few lists this week, now it's making me wonder if I really want to read the book or not! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the thing with Juliette is that she's impossible to connect with because she is slightly insane. I still enjoyed the series but I would've liked it if I felt emotionally connected to her!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of the books on your list, but I've heard a lot about 'Isla and the Happily Ever After', both positive and negative! Would you say it's worth a read??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read Anna and the French Kiss or Lola and the Boy Next Door? They're the first 2 books in the companion series and they're definitely worth the read. Although Isla was my least favourite in the series I would recommend it after reading the other two as you already care about and catch up with some of the characters but as a stand alone...not so much.

      Delete