Wednesday, 26 August 2015

A Book Series That I Wished Had More Books| Top 5 Wednesday

Hi everyone! Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme created by Gingerreadslainey and you can find out more in the Goodreads group. This weeks topic is Book Series You Wish Had More Books but I'm changing it up a bit. I did a similar post to this about characters that deserve their own series and you can read that here. 
 
 
Okay , I don't really have many series that I would like for them to continue so I'm going to write about characters from a certain series that I would love to read more about. That series is...
 

Yep , you guessed it. Harry Potter by J.K Rowling.

First things first , I don't want to read more books about Harry himself. I was pretty happy with how things wrapped up for him , what I want is spin-offs. Lots and lots of spin-offs. Obviously , I know that these *most likely* won't happen but I just think it would be cool if they did because Rowling wrote a lot of characters with promising backstories. Oh , spoiler alert for Harry Potter (but seriously , if you have managed this long without being spoiled , I doubt your muggleness.)
 
1) Dumbledore and Grindelwald
 
 
You can't deny that a book about these two would be cool if you think about it for at least 10 seconds. Two teenage friends , have the same goal to basically take over the wizarding world but one ends up as the best wizard of his age and the other , the *second* most powerful dark wizard of all time. I could go into it but this post will turn into an essay if I start that.
 
2) George Weasley
Wow , it's been years and it still feels weird saying his name on it's own. What I want to read about is George struggling with the loss of Fred but realising tha Fred would've told him to get over it. I want to see him fall in love and be happy again. I want to learn about George Weasley and who he is as a 'he' not a 'them'.
 
 
3) The Marauders
I want to read about the Marauders and that generation in general! Do I even need to explain why I'd want this? I also got pyjamas that are marauders themed and they are amazing. I just thought I'd add that it.
 
4) Minerva McGonnagal
As one of my all time favourite characters , she had to be on this list. She is a great character when she's Harry's teacher but read a little bit about her backstory and you'll love McGonnagal even more.
 
5) Hogwarts Student
I want a story about a completely normal student at Hogwarts. They haven't been chosen for anything , there's no wizarding war , just a character driven school story set with the backdrop of Hogwarts. Think Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins but set in Hogwarts.
 
 
 
So , I went completely off topic but I am still interested in hearing the series that you wish would continue?
 

10 comments:

  1. This was an interesting take on this topic! I never thought I needed books on George and McGonagall but now that you've mentioned it, I really do. I think something about McGonagall becoming an animagus would be really interesting to read. :)

    Charlotte @ Bookmarks and Blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I think of it the more characters I could add to this list! It definitely would. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

      Delete
  2. Great change to this topic, I agree with all of these and would love stories with these characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! JK Rowling wrote amazing side characters.

      Delete
  3. I want more Harry Potter too. I don't think I'll ever get enough of it. And of course, I wanna see more of Hogwarts.

    And I heard our plee are about to be granted. :p 3 more books!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you serious?? I haven't heard about that :O

      Delete
  4. I love this list. Besides the Marauders, I would inhale a book on Dumbledore and Grindelwald. I'd also like some writing onhow Tom Riddle became Voldemort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow , I forgot to add that to the list! We know he was always troubled but there must've been something that pushed him over the edge!

      Delete