Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Top 5 Side Characters That Deserve Their Own Series | Top 5 Wednesday


As always Top 5 Wednesday was created by Gingerreadslainey and you can find out more in the Goodreads group
This weeks topic is my Top 5 Side Characters That Deserve Their Own Series. They are in no particular order , just characters that I would love to read a series about. I actually think we're getting some type of stories about some of these characters but my choices still stand.
 
 
 
The Circle from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
 
There are some short stories about the Circle and I love reading about them. They're basically a rebel group led by the main antagonist in the first half of TMI. We know some of the characters as regretful adults but the stories of their younger selves are so intriguing.
 
 
 
 
The Marauders from Harry Potter by JK Rowling
 
These are also characters that we know when they're older but we get tiny scenes about their younger selves. I'm pretty sure that anyone who has read or even watched Harry Potter would be interested in getting to know the younger James , Sirius , Remus and Peter. Despite how painful that might be.
 
Rowan Whitethorn from Throne Of Glass by Sarah J Maas
 
Rowan is a faerie and has been around for a long time. We know some of the stuff he's gone through but he is such a great character that I would love to read more about!
 
 
Kenji Kishimoto from the Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi
 
Kenji is a hilarious character and one of the only characters I would be interested in reading scenes from their POV.
 
 
 
Dumbledore and Grindelwald from Harry Potter by JK Rowling
 
I've wanted this since I was 12 years old because who doesn't want to read a book about two teenagers trying to take over the world? I think the most interesting this about these two is that they had the same goals but one ended up being one of the best wizards of all time and the other ended up being the second most evil wizard of all time. If I were to rank these choices , Dumbledore and Grindelwald would be joint number one with the circle.
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Nice list. I am seeing The Marauders show up on quite a few. I also saw Tonks listed on one list which I thought was a great choice. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could've made this list out of solely HP characters so I had to cut a few people , Tonks being one of them! xx

      Delete
  2. I have Peter and Kenji on my list as well. I just need to know everything that happened in the marauders era and Kenji had such an interesting life before Shatter Me started . . . and probably after. I want both, please.
    -Monica @ Tomes Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! There was so much potential in their story for another series! Same with Kenji , he was one of those characters that have a vague backstory but that's not enough! xx

      Delete
  3. I'd love to see a whole other series from Sarah J. Maas focusing on Rowan and the rest of the fae too! I can picture a prequel set hundreds of years before Celaena with lots of magic and complicated relationships. Someone needs to tell her so she can make it real! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! We get a good bit about the fae in Heir Of Fire but I would love to read more about their lives! It'd have a sad ending of course but I would still want to read it! xx

      Delete
  4. I definitely agree with Dumbledore and Grindelwald. I always wonder about their friendship and the battle. Also The Marauders! <3 (also Snape.)

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We see it from Dumbledore's point of view which would've been biased so it'd be great to learn about his views at the time! Just the entire era of the Marauders! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am here for the Marauders spin off! That would be so much fun and, I imagine, pretty sad!

    ReplyDelete