Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes by Denise Grover Swank |Rachel Recommends #3



For Rose Gardner, working at the DMV on a Friday afternoon is bad even before she sees a vision of herself dead. She’s had plenty of visions, usually boring ones like someone’s toilet’s overflowed, but she’s never seen one of herself before. When her overbearing momma winds up murdered on her sofa instead, two things are certain: There isn't enough hydrogen peroxide in the state of Arkansas to get that stain out, and Rose is the prime suspect.

Rose realizes she’s wasted twenty-four years of living and makes a list on the back of a Wal-Mart receipt: twenty-eight things she wants to accomplish before her vision comes true. She’s well on her way with the help of her next door neighbour Joe, who has no trouble teaching Rose the rules of drinking, but won’t help with number fifteen-- do more with a man. Joe’s new to town, but it doesn’t take a vision for Rose to realize he’s got plenty secrets of his own.

Somebody thinks Rose has something they want and they’ll do anything to get it. Her house is broken into, someone else she knows is murdered, and suddenly, dying a virgin in the Fenton County jail isn’t her biggest worry after all.


In this series there are 7 wonderful books and the 8th coming out in November *squeal*.
I have a mental list of my favourite books and series' , I may give a book 5/5 and love it but to make it on the list I have to feel the book. Yeah , The Rose Gardner Mystery series is on that list and it deserves to be. I had never read anything like this book but after reading it I definately want to! 

This whole series keeps you on your toes , there's seven books and none of them are boring! It's pretty light hearted but has some serious moments in there and in the later books there are a lot of intense scenes.

It has great characters that you are really invested in and a great and interesting love triangle , so great that I don't know who I prefer! A lot of it has to do with investigations , police and courts but there's also a good bit of committing crime too and its all so interesting! 

I love the relationships between the characters and how it all ties together beautifully! They all develop so much throughout the series! 

There is so much drama but in the best way possible! I'm so invested in the story and it is so under rated! I recommend this series every chance I get , please read it! I really can't put how much I love it into words.  Every book is as good as the last and honestly , when I heard that it's an 8 book mystery I thought that it'd be dragged out and badly written but it makes complete sense. I don't know how I'll wait for the next book !

Looking for something different than your usual YA ? You should pick up this series! The first book is free on kindle so now you really have no reason not to read it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment