Monday, 6 July 2015

My Favourite Books Series Of All Time

Sometimes I'll read a book series and it'll have such an impact that it goes onto my hypothetical list of favourite book series. These are the books that'll stay with me forever , that I'll recommend to people most and that make me feel emotional when I think of them. I can give a book 5 stars without it making the list , this is the best of the best. There are new additions to the list and there are books that I loved when I was ten , anyways I'll get started.
 
Harry Potter by JK Rowling
 
 
Harry Potter is the most obvious one so I started with that. It was such a huge part of my childhood and is still a huge part of my life today and because of that it's my number 1 series. The others don't have an order but Harry Potter is different and I can almost guarantee you that I'll never feel the same about another book. I only reread it 6 months ago but I want to read it again.
 
The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
 
 
I genuinely thought I would never read this series. I had heard of The Mortal Instruments and I knew that there was a prequel but I was in the middle of a year long reading slump and the thought of 9 books terrified me. I read TMI and my friend told me to read The Infernal Devices but I was reluctant because I didn't think I'd like it as much as TMI. Anyways , a week later I finished Clockwork Princess (book 3) , tears streaming down my face , crying for probably the 10th time in 2 days. I love the characters and story so much and thinking about it still makes me cry. Thank you to the friend who made me read it and who listened to me rant about every chapter.
 
My Royal Story
 
These books were the only books I read for about a year. All of the books are diary entries by different authors , supposed to be written by royals like Queen Elizabeth I , Queen Victoria and Marie Antoinette when they were teenagers. There's also My Stories about soldiers or factory workers etc but I loved the royal ones! Sometimes I see a new one in the library and I'm very tempted to read it.
 
The Rose Gardner Mystery by Denise Grover Swank
 
 
This is the newest addition to this list. If you have ever read more than one of my blog posts you'll know that I rave about this series at every chance I get! It's hilarious , heart breaking , thrilling and intense. I've written two blog posts talking about this series so if you need more convincing than my word alone , click here or here.
 
Children Of The Famine Series by Marita Conlon McKenna
 
 
I'm pretty sure every Irish person has read this book but I read it before it was assigned reading. I used to be very into historical fiction (I still am but I read other stuff as well) and this was my favourite series. I would definitely reread this series if I still owned the books but I have so many other books to read. 
 
Throne Of Glass by Sarah J Maas
 
 
The characters and the plot in this so developed , it twists and turns like a roller coaster and you never see anything coming. It's such an interesting world and we still don't know everything about it. The romance in this series is the most confusing thing ever and I'm not sure if I'll ever know what side of the love triangle/square I'm on. The series isn't finished so the fact that it has made it onto this list means it is really, really great.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment