Monday, 1 June 2015

Rachel Recomends #1 : The Covenant Series by Jennifer L Armentrout


I want to start recomendation series on my blog so I can share some of my favourite books. I'll hopefully post a new recomendation every (or almost every) Tuesday. 

Synopsis:

The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much.

Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule 1#: Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. 

Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.

Genre:paranormal/romance , young adult.

Books in series:

Why do I recommend this series?

Characters : 

Over the course of the 5 books we meet lots of interesting characters. We have our main character Alex who doesn't take no for an answer ( even when she really , really should) but you love her anyway and we also have Aiden , who is one of the nicest , yet coolest characters I've ever read about. We have Caleb , Alex's bestfriend. Their relationship was one of my favourite things about the series and I loved how nothing could stop them from being there for eachother. 
And then , last but definitely not least, we have Seth. He doesn't come in until book 2 (I think...?) but he is one of those characters who are good and bad and heroic and evil all at the same time. Although those type of characters can be frustrating , they're one of my favourite things to see in books.

Greek Gods : I've never read Percy Jackson (I'll get to it someday) or any other books with Greek gods in them but after reading this I really , really want to. 
They're sassy , hilarious and terrifying all at the same time and it added so much to the books. I loved how we travelled to different worlds and saw what happens  when they die rather than read about it in a history book.

Prophesy: 

At the begining of the series there is a prophesy that lasts throughout the series. I loved how I was constantly guessing what it meant and was always surprised! 

Other reasons: 

If you haven't read any of Jennifer L Armentrout's other series's , you obviously arent familiar with the writing style. I think simple sums it up pretty well. It's no literary work of art but she tells stories so so well. The simpleness keeps it lighthearted with the occasional dark moment , I'll admit I cried a lot at the end but all in all it's a very fun read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment