Thursday, 25 June 2015

Be With Me by J Lynn | Review

Teresa Hamilton is having a rough year—she’s in love with her big brother’s best friend, but he hasn’t spoken to her since they shared a truly amazing, mind-blowing, change-your-life kiss. She got out of a terrible relationship. And now an injury is threatening to end her dance career for good. It’s time for Plan B – college. And maybe a chance to convince Jase that what they have together is real.
Jase Winstead has a huge secret that he’s not telling anyone. Especially not his best friend’s incredibly beautiful sister. Even though he and Teresa shared the hottest kiss of his life, he knows that his responsibilities must take priority. He certainly doesn’t have time for a relationship. But it doesn’t help that all he can think about kissing the one girl who could ruin everything for him.
As they’re thrown together more and more, Jase and Tess can’t keep denying their feelings for each other. But a familiar danger looms and tragedy strikes. As the campus recovers, the star-crossed couple must decide what they’re willing to risk to be together, and what they’re willing to lose if they’re not…

Genre: New Adult , Contemporary , Romance 
Publication Date: February 4th 2014
Publisher: HarperCollins   
My rating: 4.75/5 stars 
Firstly , I feel like I have to show you the cover that was on my kindle for this book because it's so much better. 

I can't find it anywhere else , or in colour and I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but this cover is so much more meaningful.

We briefly meet Tess in Wait For You which is the first book in this companion series. You don't need to read Wait For You to read Be With Me but I enjoyed the involvement of the Wait For You characters! I didn't enjoy Wait For You as much but from what I knew of Tess she was a passionate dancer so as soon as I read the synopsis for this book I knew it'd be interesting. I loved reading from Tess' point of view as she struggles to find herself when her dreams have been crushed. My heart broke for Tess and I was rooting for her to be able to dance again. She grows so much throughout the book and I felt like a proud mother because I really connected with her. Tess is a very layered character who has gone through more in her life than most people should but she comes out at the other end stronger. 

We also met Jace in Wait For You but we didn't know much about him other than his relationship with the main character. He is Tess' older brothers best friend and they know eachother through him. Jace was frustrating but in a way that you couldn't blame him instead you wanted to help him see the light. Jace has not had an easy life and like Tess' he grows so much but in a very different way. I loved Tess and Jace's relationship because I knew that they loved eachother when they wouldn't admit it. 

The story had many plot twists aswell as some tragic and horrifying scenes. There was a scene that had my heart thumping from the intensity! I loved the overall message of the story and by the end I was smiling like an idiot. It's one of those stories that give you a bit of knowledge that you'll keep forever until you need it , it was very inspiring! 

All in all , I was so glad that I read this book. With character arcs that bettered me as a person and the discussion of topics that need to be mentioned more often I would definitely recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment