Thursday, 2 April 2015

My favourite heroes and villains


Who doesn't love a good hero or heroine?Who doesn't love to hate a great villain? I have written a list of some of my favourite heroes and villains for no reason other than to talk about why I love them.

In most fantasy or dystopian etc novels there is a hero/heroine and they are often the main character in the story...I love when they start off lost and scared and become the hero of their own story or when they start of knowing they have to make themselves the heroes of their own story.
Heroes/heroines always show me that YOU can change things in your life even if it's a little thing.

So here are some of my favourite heroes / heroines :

•Celaena Sardothien - Throne Of Glass by Sarah J Maas
Celaena is probably one of the strongest female characters I've ever read but she has realistic emotions and reactions , she's a sassy assassin who likes dresses and eating.

•Harry Potter - Harry Potter by JK Rowling
Do I even need an explanation ? He's Harry Freaking Potter! *starts singing*
But seriously I could write an entire blog post on why I love Harry Potter and the other characters in the series!

•Cecily Herondale - The Infernal Devises by Cassandra Clare
Although Cecily is only in 1 book in the trilogy she has definitely made this list. Cecily doesn't let her brother or anybody else stop her from fighting the battles with everyone else despite being the youngest and she is such a fun character to read about.

•Alex from the Covenant series by Jennifer L Armentrout
I cannot remember her surname but anyways one thing I noticed about Alex is that I relate to her so much. I felt like her emotions were realistic and she grew so much over the course of the 5 books.

•Tessa Gray -The Infernal Devises by Cassandra Clare
Something I love about Tessa is that she doesn't accept something if she doesn't believe in it , these books are set in the late 1800s but despite the time that it was Tessa does what she likes and doesn't let people make decisions for her.

I am definitely leaving out people but these are just a few!

So now onto the villains ...
First and foremost I should say that villains are one of my favourite things and especially villains who have back stories , even if those back stories do not redeem them I like to try and find out the moment that sent them on that path because no one is born evil.

•Voldemort - Harry Potter by JK Rowling

Tom Riddle was the first villain that I ever read and he will always be one of my favourites. Obviously Voldemort is evil to the core but we get so much backstory for him that I love his story.

•Valentine Morgenstern- The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

Valentine wants to change the way the laws work in the shadowhunting world and he is right that there is problems , many of them. He tries to fix them in a way that many people do not agree with but he genuinely believes that what he is doing is a freedom fight like others and although he does terrible things you can't help but pity him.

•Sebastien Morgenstern - The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

My main thing with Sebastien is that he manipulates the reader in a weird way and even though you know, as does Clary (the protagonist) that he is evil ,a part of you wants to give him a chance.

•Seth - The Covenant series by Jennifer L Armentrout

Again we have a conflicted villain and I'm not even sure if he is a proper villain but he sure did do some terrible things. Seth broke my heart and I loved the guy as a non villain. All things considered he is an antagonist of the story , wether he was redeemed or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment